After Osama, al Qaeda`s al-Zawahiri appears on Facebook
London: Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden`s top deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri had appeared on Facebook, but the social networking site later removed those pages.
Less than a fortnight after bin Laden came on Facebook, The Sun revealed on Monday that al-Zawahiri, who has a GBP 16.5 million price on his head, also appeared on the site.
Facebook said: "These pages have been removed."
Two more pages linked to the Taliban were also removed.
Zawahiri`s page had a photo of him with a semi-automatic rifle in the background and videos included a truck bombing in Afghanistan. It could be found through a Voice of Jihad site that included film clips calling for attacks on Britain and the US, the media report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred