After Osama, al Qaeda`s al-Zawahiri appears on Facebook
London: Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden`s top deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri had appeared on Facebook, but the social networking site later removed those pages.
Less than a fortnight after bin Laden came on Facebook, The Sun revealed on Monday that al-Zawahiri, who has a GBP 16.5 million price on his head, also appeared on the site.
Facebook said: "These pages have been removed."
Two more pages linked to the Taliban were also removed.
Zawahiri`s page had a photo of him with a semi-automatic rifle in the background and videos included a truck bombing in Afghanistan. It could be found through a Voice of Jihad site that included film clips calling for attacks on Britain and the US, the media report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation