After Osama, al Qaeda`s al-Zawahiri appears on Facebook
London: Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden`s top deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri had appeared on Facebook, but the social networking site later removed those pages.
Less than a fortnight after bin Laden came on Facebook, The Sun revealed on Monday that al-Zawahiri, who has a GBP 16.5 million price on his head, also appeared on the site.
Facebook said: "These pages have been removed."
Two more pages linked to the Taliban were also removed.
Zawahiri`s page had a photo of him with a semi-automatic rifle in the background and videos included a truck bombing in Afghanistan. It could be found through a Voice of Jihad site that included film clips calling for attacks on Britain and the US, the media report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!