Ailing Hosni Mubarak transferred to military hospital
Cairo: Egypt`s Prosecutor-General Talaat Ibrahim Abdullah on Thursday ordered to transfer former president Hosni Mubarak who is serving life imprisonment in a Cairo prison to a nearby military hospital, Xinhua reported.
"The hospital has to provide the general prosecution with a detailed inclusive report on Mubarak`s health condition and the progress of his treatment," he said, adding Mubarak would be sent back to Tora Prison hospital immediately after recovery.
Mubarak was transferred last week from prison hospital to Maadi Military Hospital in Cairo to undergo CT scan and was returned later.
The former Egyptian president, who is serving life imprisonment for ordering the killing of protesters in 2011, was recently injured in his head after slipping and falling down in a bathroom of the prison hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt