Al Qaeda releases 9/11 anniversary video: SITE
Hong Kong: Al Qaeda has released a video
marking the anniversary of 9/11 which includes a message from
its slain leader Osama bin Laden to the American people,
monitoring group SITE Intelligence said on Wednesday.
SITE said the 62-minute video titled "The Dawn of
Imminent Victory" also includes a speech by al Qaeda`s new
chief Ayman al-Zawahiri who applauds the "Arab Spring"
The US intelligence monitoring service said the footage
of bin Laden appears to be the same material found in the US
raid on his Pakistan hideout in May, which Washington released
but without its soundtrack.
Bin Laden, who was killed by US Navy SEALs in the covert
operation, warned Americans against "falling as slaves" to the
control of major corporations and "Jewish money capital".
He recommended that Americans read the book "Obama`s War"
by Bob Woodward which details wrangles over US military
decision-making, and told them that US President Barack
Obama`s campaign slogan "Yes, we can" is untrue.
Zawahiri, who is now Washington`s most wanted man, makes
a long speech about events in the past year including the
revolutions in the Arab world and the death of bin Laden whom
he replaced after a long period as al Qaeda number-two.
"Zawahiri... declared that contrary to what is reported
in the media, al Qaeda supports the revolutions and hopes it
will establish true Islam and sharia-based governance," SITE
He lauded his predecessor bin Laden as a fighter who had
taken on the Russians in Afghanistan as well as the Americans,
and who he said had sacrificed everything for his campaign.
"America`s arrogant nature will push it to deny the facts
that it is facing a rising ummah and that it may be a cause of
defeat and its fall, with permission from Allah."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair