Anna Chapman wants to marry Edward Snowden
Washington: Ex-Russian spy Anna Chapman has reportedly proposed marriage to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden on microblogging site Twitter.
According to the New York Daily Times, Chapman posted a tweet which read, `Snowden will you marry me? From Russia with love`.
Chapman was ousted as a Russian spy posing as a real estate agent in New York City in 2010. Currently she`s a model and celebrity in Russia and has hosted her own television show `Secrets of the World`.
The report said that Chapman admitted to authorities that she was working as a foreign agent before being deported to Russia with nine others in a prisoner swap.
Snowden who has been stuck up at Sheremetyevo airport`s transit area in Moscow has reportedly applied to 21 nations for asylum request with almost a dozen rejecting them.
He has been charged with violation of the Espionage Act and the US has been pressurising aiding countries to hand him over to US and follow the international law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress