Another Tibetan commits self-immolation
Beijing: A Tibetan herder has died after setting himself on fire in northwest China`s Qinghai province, in the latest self-immolation protesting Chinese rule.
Dazheng, 19, set himself ablaze last night in the Dageri Village of Zekog County in the Huangnan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported Saturday.
The prefecture and county governments have sent work teams to the village to look into the incident, it said.
His death came one day after Libong Tsering, 19, set himself ablaze around in the Dowa township of Tongren county in the Huangnan Tibetan autonomous prefecture.
A spate of self-immolations in different parts of Tibet and its prefectures were reported ever since the week long once-in-a-decade leadership Congress held here from November 8.
Total number suicides protesting the Chinese rule and calling for return of Tibet`s exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama from India, have crossed over 80 in the recent months.
China in turn accused the Dalai Lama group of instigating the protests to discredit its image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog