At least 1 dead, 1 wounded at US college
Casper: At least one person was killed and another was wounded on Friday morning in an attack at a community college in the US state of Wyoming.
It happened around 9 am. At Casper College, said school spokesman Rich Fujita. Police took into custody one person who is injured, he said.
The campus was locked down and students were advised to stay where they`re at until police give the all clear.
Fujita said he had no additional information, including how the attack happened, any weapon used and who was killed. Casper College is a two-year community college in Wyoming`s second-largest city. Casper, population 56,000, is about 400 kilometers northwest of Denver.
Wyoming residents refer to Casper as the "Oil City" because it`s a hub for the state`s small oil industry.
The city is flanked to the south by Casper Mountain, scene of a massive wildfire in September that burned more than 60 sq. Kilometers of forest and meadows and destroyed 37 homes and cabins.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive