At least 1 dead, 1 wounded at US college
Casper: At least one person was killed and another was wounded on Friday morning in an attack at a community college in the US state of Wyoming.
It happened around 9 am. At Casper College, said school spokesman Rich Fujita. Police took into custody one person who is injured, he said.
The campus was locked down and students were advised to stay where they`re at until police give the all clear.
Fujita said he had no additional information, including how the attack happened, any weapon used and who was killed. Casper College is a two-year community college in Wyoming`s second-largest city. Casper, population 56,000, is about 400 kilometers northwest of Denver.
Wyoming residents refer to Casper as the "Oil City" because it`s a hub for the state`s small oil industry.
The city is flanked to the south by Casper Mountain, scene of a massive wildfire in September that burned more than 60 sq. Kilometers of forest and meadows and destroyed 37 homes and cabins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation