At least 1 dead, 1 wounded at US college
Casper: At least one person was killed and another was wounded on Friday morning in an attack at a community college in the US state of Wyoming.
It happened around 9 am. At Casper College, said school spokesman Rich Fujita. Police took into custody one person who is injured, he said.
The campus was locked down and students were advised to stay where they`re at until police give the all clear.
Fujita said he had no additional information, including how the attack happened, any weapon used and who was killed. Casper College is a two-year community college in Wyoming`s second-largest city. Casper, population 56,000, is about 400 kilometers northwest of Denver.
Wyoming residents refer to Casper as the "Oil City" because it`s a hub for the state`s small oil industry.
The city is flanked to the south by Casper Mountain, scene of a massive wildfire in September that burned more than 60 sq. Kilometers of forest and meadows and destroyed 37 homes and cabins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research