At least 1 dead, 1 wounded at US college
Casper: At least one person was killed and another was wounded on Friday morning in an attack at a community college in the US state of Wyoming.
It happened around 9 am. At Casper College, said school spokesman Rich Fujita. Police took into custody one person who is injured, he said.
The campus was locked down and students were advised to stay where they`re at until police give the all clear.
Fujita said he had no additional information, including how the attack happened, any weapon used and who was killed. Casper College is a two-year community college in Wyoming`s second-largest city. Casper, population 56,000, is about 400 kilometers northwest of Denver.
Wyoming residents refer to Casper as the "Oil City" because it`s a hub for the state`s small oil industry.
The city is flanked to the south by Casper Mountain, scene of a massive wildfire in September that burned more than 60 sq. Kilometers of forest and meadows and destroyed 37 homes and cabins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?