At least 20 killed in Kenya clan violence
Nairobi (Kenya): A Kenyan official says at least 20 people were killed in violence among rival clans in Kenya`s north.
Ukur Yattani, the governor of Kenya`s Marsabit county, said today that automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades were used in clashes between the Borana and Gabbra clans.
Yattani said the two groups as well as a third the Burjib have recently been fighting over water and pasture for their cattle.
Police spokesman Gatiria Mboroki said some houses were apparently set on fire but gave no death toll.
Kenya has stringent gun laws, and obtaining a license is difficult. But illegal guns are smuggled into the country through porous borders, especially from Somalia, Kenya`s volatile neighbor to the north.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS