At least 20 killed in Kenya clan violence
Nairobi (Kenya): A Kenyan official says at least 20 people were killed in violence among rival clans in Kenya`s north.
Ukur Yattani, the governor of Kenya`s Marsabit county, said today that automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades were used in clashes between the Borana and Gabbra clans.
Yattani said the two groups as well as a third the Burjib have recently been fighting over water and pasture for their cattle.
Police spokesman Gatiria Mboroki said some houses were apparently set on fire but gave no death toll.
Kenya has stringent gun laws, and obtaining a license is difficult. But illegal guns are smuggled into the country through porous borders, especially from Somalia, Kenya`s volatile neighbor to the north.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says