At least 20 killed in Kenya clan violence
Nairobi (Kenya): A Kenyan official says at least 20 people were killed in violence among rival clans in Kenya`s north.
Ukur Yattani, the governor of Kenya`s Marsabit county, said today that automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades were used in clashes between the Borana and Gabbra clans.
Yattani said the two groups as well as a third the Burjib have recently been fighting over water and pasture for their cattle.
Police spokesman Gatiria Mboroki said some houses were apparently set on fire but gave no death toll.
Kenya has stringent gun laws, and obtaining a license is difficult. But illegal guns are smuggled into the country through porous borders, especially from Somalia, Kenya`s volatile neighbor to the north.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth