Aus govt`s standing with voters drops: Poll
Melbourne: Australian government`s standing with voters has dropped back to its record lowest point, but Labor MPs are still standing by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, a poll survey said on Monday.
According to the Fairfax/Nielsen poll, the ruling Labor party`s primary vote fell two points to 26 per cent, which is equal to its record low of last July.
However, Gillard disapproval rating remained steady at 60 per cent.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott`s disapproval rating rose to a record high to be just three points behind the Prime Minister`s, the poll said.
On a two-party basis, Labor trails 43 per cent - up one point in three weeks - to the coalition`s 57 per cent, down one.
According to ABC report, if an election was held now, the Gillard government would be swept from office with a swing of about seven per cent against it.
The report said that it`s not surprising to see voters continue to want Kevin Rudd back - 62 per cent prefer him as Labor leader compared with 32 per cent who prefer Gillard.
But voters are also unhappy with the coalition leadership, with 61 per cent saying they would prefer Malcolm Turnbull as Liberal leader to Abbott`s 34 per cent.
The coalition primary vote is down one point to 48 per cent, while the Greens are up two to 14 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!