Australian held for raping elderly women
Sydney: A man in Australia has been taken into custody after being accused of raping a 76-year-old woman and molesting another, aged 86, in a hospital.
Antony Paul Hanney, 46, accused of sexually assaulting two elderly women in a regional New South Wales (NSW) hospital at the weekend, will remain in custody for at least another two weeks, Australian Associated Press (AAP) reported Wednesday.
The offences allegedly occurred Sunday evening. He faced the Wagga local court Wednesday after police charged him Tuesday afternoon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference