Bahamas police seek captain of capsized vessel
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas are trying to determine if one of five Haitian migrants who survived when their boat capsized in rough seas was the organiser of the ill-fated voyage.
Assistant Superintendent Loretta Mackey says authorities are interviewing the migrants as the search continues for any more survivors. All five are illegal immigrants in the Bahamas and were being detained on Tuesday for questioning. Earlier police said there were seven survivors but the total was revised downward.
Authorities have recovered 11 bodies and believe about 12 remain unaccounted for following the capsizing of their boat on Sunday off the island of Abaco in the northern Bahamas. Among the missing are several children.
The migrants were apparently heading to Florida, about 180 miles to the west, when their engine failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar