Bahamas police seek captain of capsized vessel
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas are trying to determine if one of five Haitian migrants who survived when their boat capsized in rough seas was the organiser of the ill-fated voyage.
Assistant Superintendent Loretta Mackey says authorities are interviewing the migrants as the search continues for any more survivors. All five are illegal immigrants in the Bahamas and were being detained on Tuesday for questioning. Earlier police said there were seven survivors but the total was revised downward.
Authorities have recovered 11 bodies and believe about 12 remain unaccounted for following the capsizing of their boat on Sunday off the island of Abaco in the northern Bahamas. Among the missing are several children.
The migrants were apparently heading to Florida, about 180 miles to the west, when their engine failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!