Bahamas police seek captain of capsized vessel
Nassau: Police in the Bahamas are trying to determine if one of five Haitian migrants who survived when their boat capsized in rough seas was the organiser of the ill-fated voyage.
Assistant Superintendent Loretta Mackey says authorities are interviewing the migrants as the search continues for any more survivors. All five are illegal immigrants in the Bahamas and were being detained on Tuesday for questioning. Earlier police said there were seven survivors but the total was revised downward.
Authorities have recovered 11 bodies and believe about 12 remain unaccounted for following the capsizing of their boat on Sunday off the island of Abaco in the northern Bahamas. Among the missing are several children.
The migrants were apparently heading to Florida, about 180 miles to the west, when their engine failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters