Bahrain court jails man over Muhammad wife insult
Manama: Bahrain`s attorney general says a 19-year-old man has been sentenced to two-years in jail for defaming one of the Prophet Muhammad`s wives.
Abdulrahman al-Sayyed announced the court decision the state-run Bahrain News Agency last evening. He said the court heard how the unnamed man "posted filthy and depraved comments" on a website that slandered Muhammad`s wife Aisha.
The case will be seen by some as an attack on freedom of expression, but there is little tolerance in the Muslim world for anything seen as offensive to the Prophet or his family.
In April, a Tunisian court sentenced two men to seven-and-half years in prison for "insulting the sacred" after they posted Facebook images of the prophet purportedly being intimate with Aisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read