Bahrain: Life in prison for Pakistani killers
Manama: A Bahraini lawyer says 14 people have been sentenced to life in prison by a security court for the killing of a Pakistani man during anti-government unrest.
The court on Monday also gave prison terms to seven university students charged with causing violence amid Shi’ite-led protests for greater rights from the Gulf nation`s Sunni rulers.
The security court has issued a series of harsh decisions in recent weeks, including prison terms for doctors and nurses accused of aiding anti-government demonstrators.
Defence lawyer Mohsen Al Alawi says the life sentences are linked to the March killing of a Pakistani man.
Many Sunni Muslims from south Asia and Arab nations strongly support Bahrain`s leaders after receiving citizenship and jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair