Bahrain: Life in prison for Pakistani killers
Manama: A Bahraini lawyer says 14 people have been sentenced to life in prison by a security court for the killing of a Pakistani man during anti-government unrest.
The court on Monday also gave prison terms to seven university students charged with causing violence amid Shi’ite-led protests for greater rights from the Gulf nation`s Sunni rulers.
The security court has issued a series of harsh decisions in recent weeks, including prison terms for doctors and nurses accused of aiding anti-government demonstrators.
Defence lawyer Mohsen Al Alawi says the life sentences are linked to the March killing of a Pakistani man.
Many Sunni Muslims from south Asia and Arab nations strongly support Bahrain`s leaders after receiving citizenship and jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you