BBC journalists to strike over layoffs
London: BBC journalists are set to go on strike for 24 hours in a dispute over layoffs, potentially disrupting the broadcaster`s programming.
Members of the National Union of Journalists will walk off the job at midnight tomorrow, and picket lines will be set up outside of BBC offices around the UK.
The union, which says jobs will be cut across the corporation, has asked the BBC for a six-month moratorium on all job cuts to allow for talks and negotiation.
The BBC said on Sunday it was "too early" to speculate on possible disruptions to the broadcaster`s programming and expressed disappointment over the strike plans.
It said it understands how difficult layoffs can be and that it is working hard to ensure staff members are redeployed wherever possible.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India