BBC journalists to strike over layoffs
London: BBC journalists are set to go on strike for 24 hours in a dispute over layoffs, potentially disrupting the broadcaster`s programming.
Members of the National Union of Journalists will walk off the job at midnight tomorrow, and picket lines will be set up outside of BBC offices around the UK.
The union, which says jobs will be cut across the corporation, has asked the BBC for a six-month moratorium on all job cuts to allow for talks and negotiation.
The BBC said on Sunday it was "too early" to speculate on possible disruptions to the broadcaster`s programming and expressed disappointment over the strike plans.
It said it understands how difficult layoffs can be and that it is working hard to ensure staff members are redeployed wherever possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test