Bicycle-riding serial rapist jailed in Italy
Milan: An Egyptian migrant has been sentenced to 20 years in prison in Italy for raping 20 women. The man rode up to the women from behind on his bicycle and then raped them, a court heard.
The judge also fined immigrant Sameh El Melegy for stealing some of his victims` handbags and their contents and ordered him to pay EUR 10,000 to the city council for damaging Milan`s image.
El Melegy almost invariably attacked his victims after dark. He committed the rapes over a three-year period in various areas of the city. His victims were aged 22 to 50.
Mobile phones and credit cards belonging to the women were recovered by police at El Melegy`s flat. The seized items as well as DNA evidence were used to incriminate him.
Milan`s public prosecutor Gianluca Prisco had asked for a jail term of 122 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference