Bicycle-riding serial rapist jailed in Italy
Milan: An Egyptian migrant has been sentenced to 20 years in prison in Italy for raping 20 women. The man rode up to the women from behind on his bicycle and then raped them, a court heard.
The judge also fined immigrant Sameh El Melegy for stealing some of his victims` handbags and their contents and ordered him to pay EUR 10,000 to the city council for damaging Milan`s image.
El Melegy almost invariably attacked his victims after dark. He committed the rapes over a three-year period in various areas of the city. His victims were aged 22 to 50.
Mobile phones and credit cards belonging to the women were recovered by police at El Melegy`s flat. The seized items as well as DNA evidence were used to incriminate him.
Milan`s public prosecutor Gianluca Prisco had asked for a jail term of 122 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown