Bicycle-riding serial rapist jailed in Italy
Milan: An Egyptian migrant has been sentenced to 20 years in prison in Italy for raping 20 women. The man rode up to the women from behind on his bicycle and then raped them, a court heard.
The judge also fined immigrant Sameh El Melegy for stealing some of his victims` handbags and their contents and ordered him to pay EUR 10,000 to the city council for damaging Milan`s image.
El Melegy almost invariably attacked his victims after dark. He committed the rapes over a three-year period in various areas of the city. His victims were aged 22 to 50.
Mobile phones and credit cards belonging to the women were recovered by police at El Melegy`s flat. The seized items as well as DNA evidence were used to incriminate him.
Milan`s public prosecutor Gianluca Prisco had asked for a jail term of 122 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged