Bill Clinton meets `son` Bill Clinton
New York: Bill Clinton met up with the Ugandan boy, who was named after him when the former US President visited the country in 1998.
The former politician had first met Master Bill Clinton Kaligani when he was just a newborn.
According to Ugandan newspaper the Daily Monitor, both the Clintons met on the 65-year-old Democrat’s plane and were photographed together, at Entebbe International Airport.
“[Clinton] was very happy to see the boy,” the New York Daily News quoted Betty Namugosa, the teen’s mom, as telling AllAfrica.com.
“He asked him what he wants and the boy informed him he wants to become a doctor. He promised to look after his ‘son’ in every way,” she said.
The boy was initially not on the Clinton’s schedule, and members of his family did not know that he was visiting Uganda until the Ugandan publication informed them that he was coming two days before the visit.
The 14-year-old Clinton was flown from his hometown of Jinja to Entebbe with his mother as the Bill Clinton Foundation and African officials worked together to make the two Clintons reunite.
It was the first time that Kaligani had ever flown on a plane.
According to the Innovations For Poverty Action blog, Clinton was in Uganda to support an effort to “eliminate diarrheal deaths among Ugandan children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...