Bill Clinton meets `son` Bill Clinton
New York: Bill Clinton met up with the Ugandan boy, who was named after him when the former US President visited the country in 1998.
The former politician had first met Master Bill Clinton Kaligani when he was just a newborn.
According to Ugandan newspaper the Daily Monitor, both the Clintons met on the 65-year-old Democrat’s plane and were photographed together, at Entebbe International Airport.
“[Clinton] was very happy to see the boy,” the New York Daily News quoted Betty Namugosa, the teen’s mom, as telling AllAfrica.com.
“He asked him what he wants and the boy informed him he wants to become a doctor. He promised to look after his ‘son’ in every way,” she said.
The boy was initially not on the Clinton’s schedule, and members of his family did not know that he was visiting Uganda until the Ugandan publication informed them that he was coming two days before the visit.
The 14-year-old Clinton was flown from his hometown of Jinja to Entebbe with his mother as the Bill Clinton Foundation and African officials worked together to make the two Clintons reunite.
It was the first time that Kaligani had ever flown on a plane.
According to the Innovations For Poverty Action blog, Clinton was in Uganda to support an effort to “eliminate diarrheal deaths among Ugandan children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan