Bill Clinton paid $500,000 for speech in Israel
Jerusalem: Former US president Bill Clinton has been paid $500,000 for a speech to be given at an event in honour of Israeli President Shimon Peres, sources told Xinhua.
Clinton is scheduled to visit Israel June 18 for the fifth annual Presidential Conference, to be attended by international political leaders, thinkers and artists.
Clinton`s 45-minute speech on sustainability is to be held by the Peres Academic Center in the city of Rehovot, northern Israel, but will be co-sponsored by the Jewish National Fund (JNF), officials at the JNF and the Peres Academic Center told Xinhua on Sunday.
The payment was made to the Clinton Global Initiative, an international affairs outreach venture of Clinton, according to Israel`s Hebrew-language Yedioth Ahronot daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan