Bill Clinton turned down TV dance show offer
Washington: Former US president Bill Clinton was invited to take part in smash US television show "Dancing With the Stars”, but turned the offer down because he didn`t have the time, he said.
Clinton said however that he and his wife Hillary, now the top US diplomat, had promised themselves to do more dancing after she leaves office.
"This is interesting -- actually they contacted me once about this," Clinton said, when asked about the dance show during an appearance on "The Rachel Ray Show”.
"And I told them I didn`t have the time to train for it. You know, you actually go out there and train -- you really work at it," he added.
But he continued: "Just last night Hillary said to me, `You know, when I`m not secretary of state anymore, we should go take dancing lessons.` So we`ll start with the tango."
Others who have taken up a "Dancing with the Stars" offer include Tea Party favourite Sarah Palin`s daughter Bristol, who had a good run last year, while stars this year have included singer Cher`s daughter-turned-son Chaz Bono.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16