Bill Clinton turned down TV dance show offer
Washington: Former US president Bill Clinton was invited to take part in smash US television show "Dancing With the Stars”, but turned the offer down because he didn`t have the time, he said.
Clinton said however that he and his wife Hillary, now the top US diplomat, had promised themselves to do more dancing after she leaves office.
"This is interesting -- actually they contacted me once about this," Clinton said, when asked about the dance show during an appearance on "The Rachel Ray Show”.
"And I told them I didn`t have the time to train for it. You know, you actually go out there and train -- you really work at it," he added.
But he continued: "Just last night Hillary said to me, `You know, when I`m not secretary of state anymore, we should go take dancing lessons.` So we`ll start with the tango."
Others who have taken up a "Dancing with the Stars" offer include Tea Party favourite Sarah Palin`s daughter Bristol, who had a good run last year, while stars this year have included singer Cher`s daughter-turned-son Chaz Bono.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay
- VVIP choppers deal: ED summons Mitchel's Indian contacts
- Lenovo files trademark for 'Moto Z' smartphone; end of Moto X series?
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor