Blake to travel to Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Washington: Senior US official Robert Blake will lead a high-level delegation that will visit the Central Asian countries of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan next week.
The US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs and other officials will attend the first Annual Bilateral Consultations (ABCs) with the Government of Turkmenistan.
The delegation includes Assistant Secretary for Democracy, Human Rights and Labour Michael Posner, and Kurt Donnelly, the Director for Central Asia at the National Security Council.
The ABCs will address a wide range of bilateral issues from energy cooperation to human rights.
Turkmenistan is the fourth Central Asian country to conduct ABCs with the US over the past six months. Assistant Secretaries Blake and Posner and NSC director Donnelly will travel to Tashkent for regular consultations with the government, civil society, and multilateral partners in Uzbekistan, the official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him