Blake to travel to Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Washington: Senior US official Robert Blake will lead a high-level delegation that will visit the Central Asian countries of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan next week.
The US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs and other officials will attend the first Annual Bilateral Consultations (ABCs) with the Government of Turkmenistan.
The delegation includes Assistant Secretary for Democracy, Human Rights and Labour Michael Posner, and Kurt Donnelly, the Director for Central Asia at the National Security Council.
The ABCs will address a wide range of bilateral issues from energy cooperation to human rights.
Turkmenistan is the fourth Central Asian country to conduct ABCs with the US over the past six months. Assistant Secretaries Blake and Posner and NSC director Donnelly will travel to Tashkent for regular consultations with the government, civil society, and multilateral partners in Uzbekistan, the official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'