Blast in Iraq’s Ramadi, 9 killed
Baghdad: An Iraqi hospital official says nine people have been killed and 15 injured in a morning explosion outside government offices in western Iraq.
A government official from the Anbar province, where the blast took place, blamed the attack on a suicide bomber.
The explosion on Thursday happened at the gate of a compound that includes the provincial governor`s office, police headquarters and courts.
A police official put the initial casualty count at 6 dead and 10 wounded.
Conflicting counts are common in the chaotic aftermath of an attack in Iraq.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorised to release the information.
Anbar`s Governor was badly wounded in an assassination attempt in late December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in