Blast near Russia`s security service academy
Moscow: A bomb went off at a bus stop near an academy of the Federal Security Service (FSB) in Moscow on Wednesday, an anti-terrorist official has said.
The explosion took place about 4:30 pm (13:30 GMT), "in direct proximity to the FSB Academy on Michurin Avenue", a law enforcement source said.
There were no casualties but some of the cars parked next to the stop "were slightly damaged".
An FSB source said that the bomb detonated "when students began leaving the academy`s premises."
Viktor Biryukov, a spokesman for the Moscow City Internal Affairs Main Administration, said security was beefed up in the capital following the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY