Boko Haram kills 12 in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 12 people were killed in a fresh Boko Haram attack on a remote village in Nigeria`s Borno state, residents said Thursday.
The village head and 11 others were shot dead in the attack on Garubula village in Biu area of Borno, Usman Bunu, a resident who witnessed the onslaught, told Xinhua.
He said Boko Haram stormed the village late Wednesday, shooting sporadically and warning residents not to flee.
He added that a local security guard at the village head`s palace was among the casualties.
A security official, who preferred anonymity, said the village head was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
No arrest has been made so far, as the insurgents might have fled to a nearby forest, according to a security source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city