Boko Haram kills 12 in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 12 people were killed in a fresh Boko Haram attack on a remote village in Nigeria`s Borno state, residents said Thursday.
The village head and 11 others were shot dead in the attack on Garubula village in Biu area of Borno, Usman Bunu, a resident who witnessed the onslaught, told Xinhua.
He said Boko Haram stormed the village late Wednesday, shooting sporadically and warning residents not to flee.
He added that a local security guard at the village head`s palace was among the casualties.
A security official, who preferred anonymity, said the village head was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
No arrest has been made so far, as the insurgents might have fled to a nearby forest, according to a security source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional