Boko Haram kills 12 in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 12 people were killed in a fresh Boko Haram attack on a remote village in Nigeria`s Borno state, residents said Thursday.
The village head and 11 others were shot dead in the attack on Garubula village in Biu area of Borno, Usman Bunu, a resident who witnessed the onslaught, told Xinhua.
He said Boko Haram stormed the village late Wednesday, shooting sporadically and warning residents not to flee.
He added that a local security guard at the village head`s palace was among the casualties.
A security official, who preferred anonymity, said the village head was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
No arrest has been made so far, as the insurgents might have fled to a nearby forest, according to a security source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them