Boko Haram kills 12 in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 12 people were killed in a fresh Boko Haram attack on a remote village in Nigeria`s Borno state, residents said Thursday.
The village head and 11 others were shot dead in the attack on Garubula village in Biu area of Borno, Usman Bunu, a resident who witnessed the onslaught, told Xinhua.
He said Boko Haram stormed the village late Wednesday, shooting sporadically and warning residents not to flee.
He added that a local security guard at the village head`s palace was among the casualties.
A security official, who preferred anonymity, said the village head was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
No arrest has been made so far, as the insurgents might have fled to a nearby forest, according to a security source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- LeJ terrorists involved in Lanka cricket team attack killed
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat