Boko Haram kills 12 in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 12 people were killed in a fresh Boko Haram attack on a remote village in Nigeria`s Borno state, residents said Thursday.
The village head and 11 others were shot dead in the attack on Garubula village in Biu area of Borno, Usman Bunu, a resident who witnessed the onslaught, told Xinhua.
He said Boko Haram stormed the village late Wednesday, shooting sporadically and warning residents not to flee.
He added that a local security guard at the village head`s palace was among the casualties.
A security official, who preferred anonymity, said the village head was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later died.
No arrest has been made so far, as the insurgents might have fled to a nearby forest, according to a security source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- Chhattisgarh using only its share of Mahanadi water: Raman Singh
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016