Bomb in Iraq`s Baquba kills 4 at party office
Baghdad: A bomb exploded inside the building of a political party in the Iraqi city of Baquba on Thursday, killing four people and wounding 18, police said.
The blast took place in a building used by the local Reform and Development Movement in Iraq`s violent Diyala province, northeast of Baghdad, where al Qaeda and other insurgent groups still roam despite repeated efforts to stamp them out.
Many of the victims worked for the party, police said, but some were bystanders outside of the building.
US combat forces pulled out of Iraqi cities at the end of last month, leading some Iraqis to doubt whether their own forces are capable of handling security by themselves.
Ethnically mixed Diyala province, home to Arabs, Kurds and Turkmen professing Sunni and Shi`ite Muslim faiths, is one of the last focal points of a still active Sunni Arab insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof