Bomb threat prompts airplane search at LA
Los Angeles: Authorities searched an airplane scheduled to depart from Los Angeles International Airport after someone called police and made a bomb threat.
The airport`s police Sgt Belinda Nettles said in a statement that the aircraft was taken to a remote area on the airfield after the threat was made around 4:40 pm yesterday.
She said the bomb squad searched the plane as a precaution.
Nettles did not specify the flight, but the Los Angeles Times reports that it is a United Airlines flight bound for London`s Heathrow Airport. It`s not immediately known how many people were aboard the Boeing 777.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said agents were trying to determine who made the call to police.
A call to United Airlines was not immediately returned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed