Bomb threat prompts airplane search at LA
Los Angeles: Authorities searched an airplane scheduled to depart from Los Angeles International Airport after someone called police and made a bomb threat.
The airport`s police Sgt Belinda Nettles said in a statement that the aircraft was taken to a remote area on the airfield after the threat was made around 4:40 pm yesterday.
She said the bomb squad searched the plane as a precaution.
Nettles did not specify the flight, but the Los Angeles Times reports that it is a United Airlines flight bound for London`s Heathrow Airport. It`s not immediately known how many people were aboard the Boeing 777.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said agents were trying to determine who made the call to police.
A call to United Airlines was not immediately returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?