Bomb threat prompts airplane search at LA
Los Angeles: Authorities searched an airplane scheduled to depart from Los Angeles International Airport after someone called police and made a bomb threat.
The airport`s police Sgt Belinda Nettles said in a statement that the aircraft was taken to a remote area on the airfield after the threat was made around 4:40 pm yesterday.
She said the bomb squad searched the plane as a precaution.
Nettles did not specify the flight, but the Los Angeles Times reports that it is a United Airlines flight bound for London`s Heathrow Airport. It`s not immediately known how many people were aboard the Boeing 777.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said agents were trying to determine who made the call to police.
A call to United Airlines was not immediately returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai