Boston marathon bombings: Suspect`s friend wants evidence public
Boston: A lawyer for a friend of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has asked a judge to lift an order that keeps most court documents against the friend hidden from public view.
The lawyer for Azamat Tazhayakov said during a court hearing on Tuesday that the order is overly broad and that prosecutors haven`t shown it is needed.
He also says the order prohibits him from discussing publicly any materials turned over to the defence by prosecutors.
Prosecutor John Capin says the order is needed to protect Tazhayakov and another Tsarnaev friend from adverse pretrial publicity. Prosecutors allege that the two men removed evidence from Tsarnaev`s dorm room and later lied about it. A third friend is charged with lying to authorities.
The judge didn`t immediately rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state