Boston marathon bombings: Suspect`s friend wants evidence public
Boston: A lawyer for a friend of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has asked a judge to lift an order that keeps most court documents against the friend hidden from public view.
The lawyer for Azamat Tazhayakov said during a court hearing on Tuesday that the order is overly broad and that prosecutors haven`t shown it is needed.
He also says the order prohibits him from discussing publicly any materials turned over to the defence by prosecutors.
Prosecutor John Capin says the order is needed to protect Tazhayakov and another Tsarnaev friend from adverse pretrial publicity. Prosecutors allege that the two men removed evidence from Tsarnaev`s dorm room and later lied about it. A third friend is charged with lying to authorities.
The judge didn`t immediately rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed