Boston marathon bombings: Suspect`s friend wants evidence public
Boston: A lawyer for a friend of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has asked a judge to lift an order that keeps most court documents against the friend hidden from public view.
The lawyer for Azamat Tazhayakov said during a court hearing on Tuesday that the order is overly broad and that prosecutors haven`t shown it is needed.
He also says the order prohibits him from discussing publicly any materials turned over to the defence by prosecutors.
Prosecutor John Capin says the order is needed to protect Tazhayakov and another Tsarnaev friend from adverse pretrial publicity. Prosecutors allege that the two men removed evidence from Tsarnaev`s dorm room and later lied about it. A third friend is charged with lying to authorities.
The judge didn`t immediately rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?