Boy killed in rocket attack in Egypt`s Sinai
Cairo: A rocket attack targeting a security patrol killed a six-year-old boy in Egypt`s Sinai Peninsula, an official said.
The rocket, which targetted a security patrol passing near the boy`s house, hit the house in northern Sinai city of Sheikh Zuweid, the official told Xinhua.
Four people from the same family were injured, the official added.
The attack was likely a revenge for more than 50 militants killed last week by the armed forces in response to the killing of two police and military officers by gunmen.
Separately, four militants were killed and 14 were arrested in a security raid in North Sinai.
During the raid, 21 motorbikes and six vans used by the militants to attack the security forces were destroyed, the military statement added.
Militant attacks have mounted since the overthrow of then president Mohamed Morsi of Muslim Brotherhood and the harsh crackdown over his supporters from July 2013.
At least 1,000 have been killed in clashes and thousands arrested, mostly Islamist protestors.
Sinai-based Al Qaeda linked Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis group claimed responsibility for most of attacks against the security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Remarks on Mayawati shows BJP's anti-Dalit stand: Odisha CM
- No need to panic on Trump, Brexit impact long-term: NASSCOM
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aanand L Rai collaboration will take time!
- BJP, Congress demand derecognition of AAP
- Ahead of his Una visit, Kejriwal urges all communities to come together against Gujarat's BJP