Brazilian parents put baby for sale for crying too much
New York: In a bizarre incident, a couple in Brazil put their baby up for sale for USD 430 on a website, claiming the tot "cries a lot" and does not let them sleep.
The ad featured a snapshot of a little boy, dressed in blue, with a caption reading: "Cries a lot and did not let me sleep and I have to work to survive."
Police in the central state of Goias have launched an investigation into the advertisement, which was posted on Tuesday on the OLX classified website.
Child protection officer Marcela Orcai said they were trying to locate the person who placed the advertisement, `New York Daily News` reported.
"We believe (they) may live in the Campos Eliseos neighbourhood, but the address given does not exist. Also the phone number has no connection with the case," Orcai added.
According to `Jornal do Brasil`, OLX has denied any involvement between advertisers and customers using its platform.
However, the advertisement was removed from the website for violating its terms and conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Telcos take cover under new technology to mask call drops
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme