Britain`s Queen becomes great-grandmother to baby girl
London: Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II became a great-grandmother once again after her granddaughter Zara Phillips on Friday gave birth to a girl, the second royal baby to have arrived within months.
The baby, as yet unnamed, was born at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and becomes 16th in line to Britain`s throne.
Zara Phillips is the daughter of Princess Anne, the Queen`s daughter, and is married to former England rugby player Mark Tindall.
Their 7 pounds, 12 ounces (3.5 kg) baby will be known as plain Miss Tindall without any royal title as she follows the female line of the monarchy.
She is the Queen`s fourth great-grandchild after Prince George was born to Prince William and Kate Middleton last July.
Mark Tindall expressed his joy on Twitter: "Thanks so much for all your kind messages. Definitely the best day of my life today, so happy! The girls are both doing great!"
The mother and baby have now left the hospital for Princess Anne, the Princess Royal`s Gatcombe Park estate in Gloucestershire.
"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Princess Royal, Captain Mark Phillips and Mike`s parents, Mr Phillip and Mrs Linda Tindall, have been informed and are delighted with the news. The baby`s name will be confirmed in due course," the Queen`s press secretary said in a statement.
"The baby`s name will be confirmed in due course," the Secretary said.
Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "Many congratulations to Zara and Mike Tindall on the birth of their baby girl."
The new parents met during England`s Rugby World Cup-winning campaign in Australia in 2003.
Zara, 32, and Mike were married at Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh in July 2011.
Tindall is now a player-coach at Gloucester and?his wife has achieved sporting success in her own right as an equestrian.
As a member of the Great Britain eventing team, she won a silver medal at the London 2012 Olympics. She is planning to take part in the next Olympic Games, which will be held in Rio in 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy