British Airways worker jailed for bomb plot
London: A British judge has sentenced a
former British Airways computer specialist to 30 years in
prison for plotting with US-born extremist cleric Anwar
al-Awlaki to blow up an airplane in an attack intended to kill
hundreds of people.
Rajib Karim, a 31-year-old Bangladeshi man, was
convicted last month of four counts of engaging in preparation
for terrorist attacks. He already had pleaded guilty to five
other terrorism offenses, but denied plotting an attack in
Justice Calvert-Smith called Karim`s offenses "of the
utmost gravity" in Friday`s sentencing at Woolwich Crown
Prosecutors said Karim used his position at the
airline to conspire with al-Awlaki, a notorious US-born
radical preacher associated with al Qaeda and thought to be
hiding in Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand