British climber dies in Austrian Alps
London: A 42-year-old British climber died when he lost his balance and fell 200 metres in the Austrian Alps.
The man was walking about 10 metres ahead of his companion when he fell down a steep boulder-strewn area, police said.
He died on Friday in the western province of Tyrol. A police helicopter recovered his body.
The pair were described by police as "inexperienced" climbers.
The accident happened when the pair encountered difficult conditions. Parts of their path were covered in snow and they had turned back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing