British climber dies in Austrian Alps
London: A 42-year-old British climber died when he lost his balance and fell 200 metres in the Austrian Alps.
The man was walking about 10 metres ahead of his companion when he fell down a steep boulder-strewn area, police said.
He died on Friday in the western province of Tyrol. A police helicopter recovered his body.
The pair were described by police as "inexperienced" climbers.
The accident happened when the pair encountered difficult conditions. Parts of their path were covered in snow and they had turned back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3