British climber dies in Austrian Alps
London: A 42-year-old British climber died when he lost his balance and fell 200 metres in the Austrian Alps.
The man was walking about 10 metres ahead of his companion when he fell down a steep boulder-strewn area, police said.
He died on Friday in the western province of Tyrol. A police helicopter recovered his body.
The pair were described by police as "inexperienced" climbers.
The accident happened when the pair encountered difficult conditions. Parts of their path were covered in snow and they had turned back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!