Briton held for plotting terror attack on airport
London: A 41-year-old Briton has been charged with plotting a terrorist attack on an airport, after chemicals like nitric acid and sulphuric acid were found at his house.
Police raided the house of Duncan Railton, who works at a chemical company, in Warlingham, Surrey, and found the acids and yellow phosphorous sticks, The Sun reported.
The man shared the house with his mother and brother.
Officials also alleged that Railton intended to target a bus.
"Many of the items are capable, when mixed, of producing explosives. Railton had the materials, capability and knowledge to carry out the attacks," prosecutors told a court in Surrey.
He was charged with possessing chemicals with an intent to cause grievous bodily harm. The man was remanded in custody till Nov 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you