Briton held for plotting terror attack on airport
London: A 41-year-old Briton has been charged with plotting a terrorist attack on an airport, after chemicals like nitric acid and sulphuric acid were found at his house.
Police raided the house of Duncan Railton, who works at a chemical company, in Warlingham, Surrey, and found the acids and yellow phosphorous sticks, The Sun reported.
The man shared the house with his mother and brother.
Officials also alleged that Railton intended to target a bus.
"Many of the items are capable, when mixed, of producing explosives. Railton had the materials, capability and knowledge to carry out the attacks," prosecutors told a court in Surrey.
He was charged with possessing chemicals with an intent to cause grievous bodily harm. The man was remanded in custody till Nov 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!