Bush says he tried to leave presidency better
Tyler: Former US President George W Bush says
he tried to leave the presidency better than it was when he
started, or at least equal to how he found it.
Bush spoke to a sold-out crowd in East Texas late last
night as part of the Distinguished Lecture Series of the
University of Texas in Tyler.
The Tyler Morning Telegraph reports that he told his
roughly 2,000 listeners that he tried to project optimism to
the American people throughout his two terms, even as US
forces fought in two wars after the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.
Bush told the crowd: "Here`s what you learn. You realize
you`re not it. You`re a part of something bigger than
Tyler is about 145 km southeast of Dallas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery