Bush says he tried to leave presidency better
Tyler: Former US President George W Bush says
he tried to leave the presidency better than it was when he
started, or at least equal to how he found it.
Bush spoke to a sold-out crowd in East Texas late last
night as part of the Distinguished Lecture Series of the
University of Texas in Tyler.
The Tyler Morning Telegraph reports that he told his
roughly 2,000 listeners that he tried to project optimism to
the American people throughout his two terms, even as US
forces fought in two wars after the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.
Bush told the crowd: "Here`s what you learn. You realize
you`re not it. You`re a part of something bigger than
Tyler is about 145 km southeast of Dallas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter