Bush says he tried to leave presidency better
Tyler: Former US President George W Bush says
he tried to leave the presidency better than it was when he
started, or at least equal to how he found it.
Bush spoke to a sold-out crowd in East Texas late last
night as part of the Distinguished Lecture Series of the
University of Texas in Tyler.
The Tyler Morning Telegraph reports that he told his
roughly 2,000 listeners that he tried to project optimism to
the American people throughout his two terms, even as US
forces fought in two wars after the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.
Bush told the crowd: "Here`s what you learn. You realize
you`re not it. You`re a part of something bigger than
Tyler is about 145 km southeast of Dallas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok