Car bomb seriously wounds Iraqi police chief
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb south
of Baghdad has seriously wounded a local police chief.
Police officials say Lt Col Salman Kadhim was badly hurt
when the bomb that was hidden in a parked car in the town of
Jbala detonated today. Jbala is about 60 miles (95 kilometres)
south of Baghdad.
Two of Kadhim`s guards were also wounded in the explosion.
A local health official confirmed the injuries. The officials
spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not
authorised to talk to the media.
Iraqi security forces have long been targeted by
insurgents seeking to highlight instability in the
Shiite-dominated government and its efforts to protect people
from violence without US help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you