Car bomb seriously wounds Iraqi police chief
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb south
of Baghdad has seriously wounded a local police chief.
Police officials say Lt Col Salman Kadhim was badly hurt
when the bomb that was hidden in a parked car in the town of
Jbala detonated today. Jbala is about 60 miles (95 kilometres)
south of Baghdad.
Two of Kadhim`s guards were also wounded in the explosion.
A local health official confirmed the injuries. The officials
spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not
authorised to talk to the media.
Iraqi security forces have long been targeted by
insurgents seeking to highlight instability in the
Shiite-dominated government and its efforts to protect people
from violence without US help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir
- Seoul, Washington start war game despite Pyongyang's backlash
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!