Car bomb seriously wounds Iraqi police chief
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb south
of Baghdad has seriously wounded a local police chief.
Police officials say Lt Col Salman Kadhim was badly hurt
when the bomb that was hidden in a parked car in the town of
Jbala detonated today. Jbala is about 60 miles (95 kilometres)
south of Baghdad.
Two of Kadhim`s guards were also wounded in the explosion.
A local health official confirmed the injuries. The officials
spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not
authorised to talk to the media.
Iraqi security forces have long been targeted by
insurgents seeking to highlight instability in the
Shiite-dominated government and its efforts to protect people
from violence without US help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city