Car bomb seriously wounds Iraqi police chief
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a car bomb south
of Baghdad has seriously wounded a local police chief.
Police officials say Lt Col Salman Kadhim was badly hurt
when the bomb that was hidden in a parked car in the town of
Jbala detonated today. Jbala is about 60 miles (95 kilometres)
south of Baghdad.
Two of Kadhim`s guards were also wounded in the explosion.
A local health official confirmed the injuries. The officials
spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not
authorised to talk to the media.
Iraqi security forces have long been targeted by
insurgents seeking to highlight instability in the
Shiite-dominated government and its efforts to protect people
from violence without US help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate