Central African Parliament meets to elect new President
Bangui: The Central African parliament began meeting on Monday to elect a new interim president tasked with restoring peace to the former French colony where thousands have died in Christian-Muslim violence, according to AFP journalists.
In the presence of eight candidates, the head of the transitional parliament Lea Kouyassoum Doumta opened the meeting recounting the circumstances that forced the former president Michel Djotodia to stand down on January 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa