Chechen leader allegedly ordered killing of rivals
Moscow: The brother of two murdered opponents of Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov claimed in a letter published on Wednesday that the Kremlin-backed Chehen leader has ordered the killing of him and the remaining brothers.
The office of the Chechen President, who has consistently denied widespread allegations of his involvement in murders, abductions and torture, refused to comment on the claim made by Isa Yamadayev in the newspaper Moskovsky Komsomolets.
Yamadayev is one of five brothers who first fought with Chechnya`s separatist rebels, then switched sides. They later fell out of favour with Kadyrov amid a fierce power struggle between clans.
Sulim Yamadayev, who headed the largest pro-Moscow military unit in Chechnya that did not report to Kadyrov, was gunned down in Dubai in March. A Dubai court this month sentenced two former employees of Kadyrov to life in prison, and Dubai police said Kadyrov`s right-hand man Adam Delimkhanov organised the murder.
Another Yamadayev brother, Ruslan, a former member of Russia`s Parliament, was shot to death in Moscow in September 2008 while sitting in his car in rush-hour traffic. A suspect has been arrested in that case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku