Chinese boat detained after fishing in Japanese waters
Tokyo: The Japanese Coast Guard has detained a Chinese fishing boat for allegedly fishing in the country`s exclusive economic zone without authorisation, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The Chinese consulate general in Fukuoka said the boat, which belongs to Fujian province, was seized around 10 p.m. Saturday near Japan`s Kagoshima prefecture with its captain and eight crew members on board.
All the crew members are Chinese nationals, the consulate general said.
The captain, who admitted that his boat had entered Japanese waters, along with other two crew members has been taken for questioning.
China has asked Japan to ensure the safety and legitimate rights of the sailors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border