Chinese journalist tries to infiltrate tower with anti-craft missiles
London: A Chinese journalist tried to infiltrate a London public housing tower which has anti-aircraft missiles installed on its roof thrice, even as tenants claimed their home has become ‘a target’.
The Fred Wigg Tower near London`s Olympic Park has anti-aircraft missiles mounted on the roof of their apartment building, and security, police, military and media coming and going like it`s a high street bottle shop.
The journalist was accused of attempting to bypass the security detail assigned to the public housing complex at Leytonstone, and walk unnoticed towards the lifts on the ground floor, The Age reports.
On his third attempt, however, security evicted him from the building and called in the London Metropolitan Police.
It is uncertain if he was attempting to uncover a weakness in the protective guard around the armed building for the sake of a news story, or simply to push the boundaries of his profession.
“He was pounced on,” David Enright, the lawyer who has represented residents in their legal fight against the missile installation, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents