Chinese leader warns Tibetans against separatism
Beijing: A provincial Communist Party chief warned Tibetan monks and residents to oppose separatism and obey the law as he visited a monastery and restive communities that have been at the centre of many recent self-immolation protests.
The Sichuan Daily newspaper said on Friday that Sichuan Communist Party chief Liu Qibao visited Aba and Ganzi prefectures, Tibetan areas where most of the 21 Tibetan self-immolations over the past year have taken place.
The paper says Liu asked monks at the Kirti Monastery in Aba to support the leadership of the Communist Party and be law-abiding. Liu says that according to Buddhist teachings, life is precious and "there should be no reason to destroy an innocent life”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?