Chinese leader warns Tibetans against separatism
Beijing: A provincial Communist Party chief warned Tibetan monks and residents to oppose separatism and obey the law as he visited a monastery and restive communities that have been at the centre of many recent self-immolation protests.
The Sichuan Daily newspaper said on Friday that Sichuan Communist Party chief Liu Qibao visited Aba and Ganzi prefectures, Tibetan areas where most of the 21 Tibetan self-immolations over the past year have taken place.
The paper says Liu asked monks at the Kirti Monastery in Aba to support the leadership of the Communist Party and be law-abiding. Liu says that according to Buddhist teachings, life is precious and "there should be no reason to destroy an innocent life”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi