Coptic cleric says he will sue Israeli police
Jerusalem: An Egyptian Coptic cleric who was mistreated during Orthodox Easter services is threatening to sue.
Video supplied to a news agency shows Israeli police shoving Arsanious el-Orshalimi and putting him in a headlock. The incident took place during Orthodox Christian Holy Saturday in Jerusalem`s Old City earlier this month. The event drew thousands of people to the area, and hundreds of Israeli police were on guard.
A dozen church leaders in the Holy Land later signed a letter expressing concern over the incident.
El-Orshalimi says he will not remain silent and will "take this issue to court because of all the pain that I suffered."
Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld today said the officers involved are being questioned. He said police will work to prevent such incidents in the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan