Dawood, LeT on Russia`s list of terror financiers
Moscow: Russia has identified underworld
don Dawood Ibrahim, and Pakistan-based terror outfits LeT,
HuJI and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi as financiers of terrorism through
money laundering, telling people to exercise caution while
entering into financial deals.
The comprehensive list also recognises Jamaat-ud-Dawa,
led by Mumbai terror attack accused Hafiz Saeed, as a cover
used by Lashkar-e-Toiba.
The list was published today by the Russian government
daily `Rossiiskaya Gazeta`, which said the purpose of
publishing it was to help banks and general public while they
are entering into normal financial and other deals, because
the money launderers often use the normal channels in their
activities like sale and purchase of a house.
The first part of the list in English is compiled by
the Russian Foreign Ministry on the basis of UN and other data
and includes about 600 foreign companies, outfits and
The second part compiled by Russian Justice Ministry
identifies 48 organisations and over 1,500 individuals, whose
illegal activities against Russia were established in court or
whose activities on Russian territory were officially
This part also names LeT, whose activities were put to
an end in Russia and banned by the court order.
This is for the first time Russia has put the
comprehensive list of terror financers in the public domain,
albeit, the list of organisations and individuals under
suspicion of money laundering to finance terrorism will remain
classified, Rossiiskaya Gazeta writes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?