Death toll in Sydney nursing home fire climbs to 6
Sydney: A 79-year-old woman has died from injuries suffered when a Sydney nursing home erupted in flames, raising the death toll to six.
At least 11 more residents of the home remain in hospitals suffering burns and smoke inhalation from Friday`s fires, which authorities allege were set by a nurse who worked at the facility.
Police did not release the name of the woman who died on Sunday. They also declined to comment on newspaper reports that the suspect, Roger Dean, had been questioned about an alleged theft hours before the blaze.
Dean has been charged with multiple counts of murder. He told reporters shortly after the blaze that he helped rescue residents, and one of them, Helen Perry, told The Sunday Telegraph that he led her out of the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed