Death toll in Sydney nursing home fire climbs to 9
Sydney: A 90-year-old woman died on Tuesday from injuries suffered in a Sydney nursing home fire, raising the death toll from the suspected arson to nine.
Eight other residents remained in hospitals with burns and smoke inhalation from Friday`s fire, which authorities allege was set by a nurse who worked at the facility.
Police said the latest fatality, Neeltje Valkay, died in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday morning. The eighth victim, Doris Becke, 96, had died in another hospital over Monday night.
Nurse Roger Dean, 35, has been charged with multiple counts of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal