Death toll in Sydney nursing home fire climbs to 9
Sydney: A 90-year-old woman died on Tuesday from injuries suffered in a Sydney nursing home fire, raising the death toll from the suspected arson to nine.
Eight other residents remained in hospitals with burns and smoke inhalation from Friday`s fire, which authorities allege was set by a nurse who worked at the facility.
Police said the latest fatality, Neeltje Valkay, died in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday morning. The eighth victim, Doris Becke, 96, had died in another hospital over Monday night.
Nurse Roger Dean, 35, has been charged with multiple counts of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen