Death toll in Sydney nursing home fire climbs to 9
Sydney: A 90-year-old woman died on Tuesday from injuries suffered in a Sydney nursing home fire, raising the death toll from the suspected arson to nine.
Eight other residents remained in hospitals with burns and smoke inhalation from Friday`s fire, which authorities allege was set by a nurse who worked at the facility.
Police said the latest fatality, Neeltje Valkay, died in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday morning. The eighth victim, Doris Becke, 96, had died in another hospital over Monday night.
Nurse Roger Dean, 35, has been charged with multiple counts of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs