Denmark`s Maersk halts Iran shipments
Copenhagen: Danish shipping group AP Moller Maersk says it has halted all Iran operations because of international sanctions over Iran`s suspect nuclear program.
The world`s largest container shipping company says it is no longer possible for Maersk Line to do business in Iran because the sanctions target oil exports, banking and other sectors. Maersk said in a brief statement today that it would cease operations "for the foreseeable future."
Last year, Maersk stopped sailing to three Iranian ports because of Western sanctions.
The UN Security Council has imposed four rounds of sanctions aimed at curtailing Iran`s nuclear program, which Iran maintains is peaceful.
The US and the EU have also hit the Islamic Republic with sanctions, targeting vital oil exports and cutting off access to international banking networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!