Denmark`s Maersk halts Iran shipments
Copenhagen: Danish shipping group AP Moller Maersk says it has halted all Iran operations because of international sanctions over Iran`s suspect nuclear program.
The world`s largest container shipping company says it is no longer possible for Maersk Line to do business in Iran because the sanctions target oil exports, banking and other sectors. Maersk said in a brief statement today that it would cease operations "for the foreseeable future."
Last year, Maersk stopped sailing to three Iranian ports because of Western sanctions.
The UN Security Council has imposed four rounds of sanctions aimed at curtailing Iran`s nuclear program, which Iran maintains is peaceful.
The US and the EU have also hit the Islamic Republic with sanctions, targeting vital oil exports and cutting off access to international banking networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof