Diamond swallowing Chinese man arrested at Lanka exhibition
Colombo: A Chinese visitor to Sri Lanka`s biggest gem and jewellery show swallowed a diamond worth over USD 14,000 in a novel attempt to steal it.
But, he was caught in just the nick of time by the stall owner who spotted him and alerted the police who arrested him.
The 32-year-old visitor, Chow Wan, asked the stall owner for a close inspection of the diamond and the stall owner obliged.
"He took out the diamond from the display case and appeared to be appraising it, when he suddenly put it in his mouth," a police officer at the scene of the crime said.
Chow was later rushed to hospital by the police to be administered laxative to flush out the expensive diamond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days