Dubai police have DNA proof of Hamas leader`s killers
Dubai: Dubai police has claimed they have DNA proof of the identity of at least one killer of top Hamas leader, Mahmoud Al Mabhouh, who was murdered in the emirate last month.
Al Mabhouh was killed in a Dubai hotel room on January 19.
"We have DNA evidence from the crime scene. The DNA of the criminals is there," Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police, told Al Arabiya TV on Friday.
The police have so far identified 26 suspects.
"Fingerprint evidence from several suspects has provided 100 percent proof of the killers` identities," Khalfan said, adding that they have "categorical DNA proof on one of the assassins".
The murder of Mabhouh mounted international pressure on Israel after Dubai said that Israeli agents, most using stolen Western identities, carried out the hit.
But Israel denied any involvement saying there was no evidence that its Mossad spy agency was behind the hit on Mabhouh, one of the founders of Hamas` military wing.
Khalfan said that an international police unit with officers from the emirates and at least seven other countries would hunt for the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)