Dubai police have DNA proof of Hamas leader`s killers
Dubai: Dubai police has claimed they have DNA proof of the identity of at least one killer of top Hamas leader, Mahmoud Al Mabhouh, who was murdered in the emirate last month.
Al Mabhouh was killed in a Dubai hotel room on January 19.
"We have DNA evidence from the crime scene. The DNA of the criminals is there," Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police, told Al Arabiya TV on Friday.
The police have so far identified 26 suspects.
"Fingerprint evidence from several suspects has provided 100 percent proof of the killers` identities," Khalfan said, adding that they have "categorical DNA proof on one of the assassins".
The murder of Mabhouh mounted international pressure on Israel after Dubai said that Israeli agents, most using stolen Western identities, carried out the hit.
But Israel denied any involvement saying there was no evidence that its Mossad spy agency was behind the hit on Mabhouh, one of the founders of Hamas` military wing.
Khalfan said that an international police unit with officers from the emirates and at least seven other countries would hunt for the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra