Dubai to tighten up on Western passports after Hamas killing
Dubai: Dubai`s police chief said on Tuesday that
Western passports will be closely inspected following the
murder of a senior Hamas militant in the Gulf emirate but that
Jews would not be singled out.
"We respect all people and all religions, whether they
are Muslims, Jews, Christians or others," Dahi Khalfan told
agency, asked about remarks attributed to him that "all Jews"
would be prevented from entering Dubai.
He said immigration services would be on their guard
"after Israel`s abuse of passports from Western countries,"
although there was no way of knowing if a Westerner entering
the United Arab Emirates was Israeli with dual citizenship.
"The officers of the immigration service will now look
twice if they have any doubt about the documents or photos,
and will scan them," the police lieutenant general said.
Khalfan said he was certain Israel`s intelligence service
Mossad was behind the assassination of Hamas chief Mahmud
al-Mabhuh. "I am now completely sure that it was Mossad," he
Mabhuh, a founder of the Palestinian Islamist Hamas
organisation`s military wing, was found dead in his Dubai
hotel room on January 20.
"I have presented the (Dubai) prosecutor with a request
for the arrest of (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu
and the head of Mossad," Meir Dagan, the police chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?