Dubai to tighten up on Western passports after Hamas killing
Dubai: Dubai`s police chief said on Tuesday that
Western passports will be closely inspected following the
murder of a senior Hamas militant in the Gulf emirate but that
Jews would not be singled out.
"We respect all people and all religions, whether they
are Muslims, Jews, Christians or others," Dahi Khalfan told
agency, asked about remarks attributed to him that "all Jews"
would be prevented from entering Dubai.
He said immigration services would be on their guard
"after Israel`s abuse of passports from Western countries,"
although there was no way of knowing if a Westerner entering
the United Arab Emirates was Israeli with dual citizenship.
"The officers of the immigration service will now look
twice if they have any doubt about the documents or photos,
and will scan them," the police lieutenant general said.
Khalfan said he was certain Israel`s intelligence service
Mossad was behind the assassination of Hamas chief Mahmud
al-Mabhuh. "I am now completely sure that it was Mossad," he
Mabhuh, a founder of the Palestinian Islamist Hamas
organisation`s military wing, was found dead in his Dubai
hotel room on January 20.
"I have presented the (Dubai) prosecutor with a request
for the arrest of (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu
and the head of Mossad," Meir Dagan, the police chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'