Duped Indians in Saudi Arabia beaten up
Dubai: Nearly 200 Indians in Saudi Arabia, who had accused two Bangladeshi labour-recruiting agents of duping them, were allegedly beaten up by the duo after they complained about their situation to Indian officials.
According to the victims, the duo visited their site and assaulted them for complaining to Indian Embassy officials and social workers, Arab News reported.
They alleged that the duo hired five persons to beat them up.
Workers also said that the manpower supplier warned that if they didn`t report to work today they will have to face serious consequences.
Workers are living in a state of shock and fear, requesting the Indian Embassy to protect them from further assault.
Nearly 200 skilled and unskilled youth from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh traveled to Saudi Arabia after paying between Rs 90,000 and Rs 150,000 to the Mumbai-based labor agent Fahad Enterprises, the paper quoted workers as saying.
All the workers were forced to do menial jobs at various industrial locations in the Eastern Province. They have not been paid for the two months after they arrived.
Some of them told Arab News that they are living in deplorable conditions and are being constantly threatened by bosses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...