Ecuador president says Twitter account hacked
Quito: Ecuador`s President Rafael Correa has said his Twitter account was hacked, blaming right-wing foreign groups for posting false tweets on it.
The messages were removed several minutes after being posted on his account, @MashiRafael, he wrote yesterday on his microblogging site.
"A few hours ago my Twitter was hacked, and they sent false tw (tweets) with the usual outrages," he said.
Hace algunas horas mi twitter fue hackeado, y aprovecharon para enviar falsos tw con las infamias de siempre. Demoré en aclararlo porque...
— Rafael Correa (@MashiRafael) March 28, 2014
One of the messages featured a link to an Anonymous Ecuador webpage on which were posted emails allegedly intercepted from government officials that related to security and intelligence matters.
Correa, who last year complained his email was being spied on, said he had to change passwords to his account.
"Apparently the attacks are by the extreme right of certain foreign countries, in complicity with unscrupulous national opponents," he said.
Correa is an active user of Twitter with nearly 1.5 million followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees