Ecuador president says Twitter account hacked
Quito: Ecuador`s President Rafael Correa has said his Twitter account was hacked, blaming right-wing foreign groups for posting false tweets on it.
The messages were removed several minutes after being posted on his account, @MashiRafael, he wrote yesterday on his microblogging site.
"A few hours ago my Twitter was hacked, and they sent false tw (tweets) with the usual outrages," he said.
Hace algunas horas mi twitter fue hackeado, y aprovecharon para enviar falsos tw con las infamias de siempre. Demoré en aclararlo porque...
— Rafael Correa (@MashiRafael) March 28, 2014
One of the messages featured a link to an Anonymous Ecuador webpage on which were posted emails allegedly intercepted from government officials that related to security and intelligence matters.
Correa, who last year complained his email was being spied on, said he had to change passwords to his account.
"Apparently the attacks are by the extreme right of certain foreign countries, in complicity with unscrupulous national opponents," he said.
Correa is an active user of Twitter with nearly 1.5 million followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing