Ecuador president says Twitter account hacked
Quito: Ecuador`s President Rafael Correa has said his Twitter account was hacked, blaming right-wing foreign groups for posting false tweets on it.
The messages were removed several minutes after being posted on his account, @MashiRafael, he wrote yesterday on his microblogging site.
"A few hours ago my Twitter was hacked, and they sent false tw (tweets) with the usual outrages," he said.
Hace algunas horas mi twitter fue hackeado, y aprovecharon para enviar falsos tw con las infamias de siempre. Demoré en aclararlo porque...
— Rafael Correa (@MashiRafael) March 28, 2014
One of the messages featured a link to an Anonymous Ecuador webpage on which were posted emails allegedly intercepted from government officials that related to security and intelligence matters.
Correa, who last year complained his email was being spied on, said he had to change passwords to his account.
"Apparently the attacks are by the extreme right of certain foreign countries, in complicity with unscrupulous national opponents," he said.
Correa is an active user of Twitter with nearly 1.5 million followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside