Egypt arrests US citizen son of Brotherhood figure
Cairo: The son of an outspoken Muslim Brotherhood figure has been detained according to the security officials of Egypt.
Mohamed Soltan`s family has said that he is a US citizen and does not know his whereabouts. An active supporter of the Islamist group online, the 25-year-old had posted pictures of his arm after it was shot when security forces cleared out two Brotherhood sit-ins on Aug 14.
The Ohio State University graduate is the son of a Muslim Brotherhood figure Salah Soltan. He was detained yesterday along with four other men in the office of the pro-Brotherhood Rassd Network News service, according to security officials who spoke anonymously and released the information to The Associated Press.
Police said the group had plans to spread violence by inciting splits among the ranks of the army and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Arvind Kejriwal got in IIT- Kharagpur through fake quota? Subramanian Swamy to reveal soon
- Hope more Indian A-listers take chances in Hollywood: Deepika Padukone
- US official: Investigators can't download EgyptAir recorders
- 100% FDI in defence need of the hour: Venkaiah Naidu
- Will renew myself with each film: Alia Bhatt