Egypt arrests US citizen son of Brotherhood figure
Cairo: The son of an outspoken Muslim Brotherhood figure has been detained according to the security officials of Egypt.
Mohamed Soltan`s family has said that he is a US citizen and does not know his whereabouts. An active supporter of the Islamist group online, the 25-year-old had posted pictures of his arm after it was shot when security forces cleared out two Brotherhood sit-ins on Aug 14.
The Ohio State University graduate is the son of a Muslim Brotherhood figure Salah Soltan. He was detained yesterday along with four other men in the office of the pro-Brotherhood Rassd Network News service, according to security officials who spoke anonymously and released the information to The Associated Press.
Police said the group had plans to spread violence by inciting splits among the ranks of the army and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read