Egypt arrests US citizen son of Brotherhood figure
Cairo: The son of an outspoken Muslim Brotherhood figure has been detained according to the security officials of Egypt.
Mohamed Soltan`s family has said that he is a US citizen and does not know his whereabouts. An active supporter of the Islamist group online, the 25-year-old had posted pictures of his arm after it was shot when security forces cleared out two Brotherhood sit-ins on Aug 14.
The Ohio State University graduate is the son of a Muslim Brotherhood figure Salah Soltan. He was detained yesterday along with four other men in the office of the pro-Brotherhood Rassd Network News service, according to security officials who spoke anonymously and released the information to The Associated Press.
Police said the group had plans to spread violence by inciting splits among the ranks of the army and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India