Egypt arrests US citizen son of Brotherhood figure
Cairo: The son of an outspoken Muslim Brotherhood figure has been detained according to the security officials of Egypt.
Mohamed Soltan`s family has said that he is a US citizen and does not know his whereabouts. An active supporter of the Islamist group online, the 25-year-old had posted pictures of his arm after it was shot when security forces cleared out two Brotherhood sit-ins on Aug 14.
The Ohio State University graduate is the son of a Muslim Brotherhood figure Salah Soltan. He was detained yesterday along with four other men in the office of the pro-Brotherhood Rassd Network News service, according to security officials who spoke anonymously and released the information to The Associated Press.
Police said the group had plans to spread violence by inciting splits among the ranks of the army and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice