Egypt to reapply Daylight Saving Time
Cairo: Egypt will put its clock forward by an hour from midnight tonight to readjust to Daylight Saving Time (DST), the Egyptian cabinet announced.
Starting at 11:59 pm local time, the clock will go an hour forward to readjust to DST, which was applied in late May and then cancelled during the holy month of Ramadan to shorten the fasting period of Muslims.
The reintroduction of summer time is under the pretext that it would save energy.
The DST was first adopted in Egypt in 1988 as a way to reduce energy consumption.
In Egypt, standard time is GMT (UTC)+2. DST Time is GMT+3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?