Egypt to reapply Daylight Saving Time
Cairo: Egypt will put its clock forward by an hour from midnight tonight to readjust to Daylight Saving Time (DST), the Egyptian cabinet announced.
Starting at 11:59 pm local time, the clock will go an hour forward to readjust to DST, which was applied in late May and then cancelled during the holy month of Ramadan to shorten the fasting period of Muslims.
The reintroduction of summer time is under the pretext that it would save energy.
The DST was first adopted in Egypt in 1988 as a way to reduce energy consumption.
In Egypt, standard time is GMT (UTC)+2. DST Time is GMT+3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof