Egypt`s Mubarak leaves intensive care after operation
Cairo: Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak left the intensive care unit of a German hospital, four days after having a gall bladder removed, Health Minister Hatem al-Gabali has said.
Mubarak, 81, "left the intensive care unit yesterday for an ordinary room at the Heidelberg University Hospital," Gabali was quoted by the official MENA news agency as saying.
"The president`s general state is constantly improving," Gabali added, without indicating when Mubarak might leave the hospital.
During the surgery on Saturday, Mubarak also had a growth removed from his small intestine.
In 2004, the president was treated in Germany for a slipped disc.
Mubarak has delegated executive powers to Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif until he returns to Cairo.
His health is usually a taboo subject in the country he has ruled since 1981, fuelling regular rumours. Journalists writing about Mubarak`s health have been handed jail sentences in the past.
Mubarak`s fifth six-year term as president ends in 2011. During a speech in 2005, he said he would stay in power until his "last breath”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?